Hello my lovely readers, in this quarantine & self isolation days I thought of a quick simple recipe for everyone of you. Who likes a detox tea for a fresh start of the day? Or for an afternoon quick sip? Or just for refreshment after a hectic tiring work day? I love detox teas so much. These simple brews are quick and easy to make and also has medicinal and healing properties according to the ingredients we put in it.
Today, I am going to share a simple detox tea recipe which also aids in weight loss and helps in curing common cold and flu. Prevention is always better than cure. This detox tea concoction is warming cozy drink perfect for every mood.
The key ingredients of my Cinnamon Ginger Honey Tea are Cinnamon, Ginger, Honey, Tea leaves & Water. Yes, it’s that simple. As many of you know, Cinnamon has been used in traditional Ayurveda and Chinese medicine to treat a wide range of ailments, including the common cold and indigestion. It also aids in weight loss and the smell of Cinnamon boosts your alertness, memory and concentration. Ginger treats indigestion, relieves nausea, helps in curing common cold and flu and also helps in weight loss. Honey is a well known natural sweetener which helps sore throat, cures cold and aids weight loss among many other benefits. Now, let’s start the recipe-
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
2.5 Cups of Water
1.5 Cinnamon Sticks of 3” each
Ginger 2”, Grated or lightly pounded
2 Tbsp Honey
Black Tea leaves
Recipe (For 2 Cups):
- Take 2.5 Cups of Water in a Pot and turn on Gas Stove / Induction.
- Once the water warms up, put the Cinnamon sticks and let it boil for 5 minutes in low flame or heat so that the flavours release slowly.
- Add the grated or lightly pounded ginger in the boiling water along with Cinnamon.
- Let it boil on a low heat or flame for 10 minutes.
- Now add Tea leaves in the boiling concoction according to the strength of tea or flush you want to have and boil for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Switch Off gas/ Induction and Cover the pan with a lid and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and pour the warm tea in a Cup and add 2 Tbsp Honey ( P.s. Add more or less honey as per your taste)
- Finally, you may add a dash of lemon juice or a lemon wedge in the tea.
It’s done. Enjoy your warm detox concoction and relax.