Who doesn’t love a humble yet tasty paneer recipe with hot rice or phulkas in lunch or dinner? Indulge in the oh so humble yet versatile and all time favourite vegetarian item we all grew up with – Paneer / Cottage Cheese.
Spicy ,flavorful & tasty Paneer Masala Recipe is one of the most popular paneer recipe. This tasty and spicy vegetarian recipe requires few ingredients that are easily available at home. Serve this delicious yummy Paneer Masala Curry with Roti, Naan, Phulka or Rice and pulao.
Best Serving Suggestion: Have this Paneer Masala Gravy with Rice/Roti and some fresh salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Number of Servings: 4-5 persons
1. 400 gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – Cubed
2. 200 gms Dahi (Curd)
3. Green Chilies (Hari Mirch)- 2 chopped
4. Onion ( Pyaz ) – 3 Medium, finely chopped
5. Ginger (Adrak) – 2 Inch, grated
6. Bay Leaf (Tej Pata) – 2, halved
7. Cinnamon ( Dalchini) – 1 Inch, powdered
8. Cloves (Laung) – 4 nos, powdered
9. Cardamon (Elaichi) – 3 nos, powdered
10. Tomato – 2 Big , diced
11. Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – 1 tbsp
12. Red Chili Powder ( Lal Mirch) – 1 tbsp
13. Kashmiri Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
14. Shahi Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
15. Salt – 1 & 1/2 tbsp (as required)
16. Sugar – 1 tbsp
17. Oil – 60 ml
1. Cube Paneer/ Cottage Cheese if not already done.
2. Slice onions & finely chop them.
3. Peel ginger & grate it.
4. Take whole clove, cinnamon & cardamon and powder them.
5. Dice tomatoes.
6. Take Curd in a bowl & whisk & beat it to ensure no lumps are there & it is creamy & smooth.
7. Take green chilies & chop them.
1. Switch on / Light your gas stove & put Kadhai/ Wok on it.
2. Once the wok is heated, pour 60 ml in it & let the oil heat up.
3. Once oil is heated, pour finely chopped onion in it & fry for 5-6 mins on a low flame. We need to sweat the onions for a sweet undertone. Remember to keep the flame low as we don’t want to burn the onions.
4. After the onions are done, put grated ginger in the kadhai & mix with onions. Fry the mixture for 2 minutes ( till raw ginger smell goes off).
5. Add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder, chili powder & kashmiri chili powder in the Kadhai & mix everything well. Fry the entire mixture for 5-6 minutes in low flame.
6. Add bay leaf & chopped tomatoes in the kadhai and mix well. Fry well in medium flame for 6-7 minutes.
7. Add chopped green chilies & powdered mixture of clove, cinnamon & cardamon in the pan. Fry till the entire mixture for 3 minutes.
8. Simmer the flame & add beaten curd on the kadhai and mix well. Constantly stir the mixture and fry in low flame for 10-12 mins. You need to cook this mix till the spices & curd starts leaving oil on the side.
9. Add salt, sugar & shahi garam masala powder in the gravy mix & cook for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add 2-3 Tbsp water in the spice gravy mix and cook, repeat this step once again till all the spices are cooked properly and they start releasing oil.
11. Add cubed paneer & stir well. Cook the panner in the spice mix for 4 more minutes.
12. Add 2 cups of warm water and put the flame on high. Let it boil for 2 minutes then put the flame on medium. Let the gravy simmer for 5 minutes.
13. Once the gravy consistency looks good, it’s done.
14. Serve with Hot rice or enjoy with Naan, Roti or Paratha.
Check out the entire recipe on YouTube:
Hope you all will join this wonderful journey & community. Do subscribe the channel & click on the bell notification so that you never miss the awesome content.
Follow me on social media accounts & on the blog for more post related to Fashion, Food & Recipes , Travel & Places, Makeup & Beauty, Health & fitness, Life, Lifestyle.